Job title: Leasing Assistant Department: Leasing Reporting to: Leasing Manager Direct subordinate: N/A
Scope of the job:
The Leasing Negotiator/Assistant is the right-hand of the Leasing Manager with main focus is to negotiate and to conclude short and long term lease agreements, to increase the occupancy level and at the same time to achieve the level of the budgeted Minimum Guaranteed Rents, to optimize the tenant and the brand mix in the Mall, in order to maintain and maximize the value of Landlords property. The Leasing Assistant arranges everyday tasks related to the leasing activity in line with the approved Leasing Strategy.
Main responsibilities, duties:
• The position is responsible specifically leasing tasks related to the successful leasing of the Mall and generally for the support of the Leasing Manager’s job.
Upon prior agreement with the Leasing Manager
• Initiate first contact – based on database and other professional networking - , arranging meetings
• Support in the data and information collection for the preparation of the leasing strategy of the Mall
• Participate in market research, awareness of the regional retail market, especially players, trends.
• Preparing first offer, including location offer (involving Operations Department) and commercial offer that are in line with the Landlords expectation/ defined pricing policy and get the approval of Leasing Manager.
• Match tenants’ needs with the brand mix, tenant mix and expectation
• Negotiating: analyze the tenants profile, ability to achieve certain level of income, compared to similar category on the market in order to send a proper offer and achieve the best possible rental level. • Mediating among departments in the case of future and soon to be finalized deals, finalized deals and past leasing actions. • Upon the terms agreed with the tenant, the lease agreement has to be finalized with the cooperation of the Legal Department, and to be approved by the Leasing Manager. • When commercial details and the lease agreement are finalized and the tenant signed the Application Form, the documentation has to be submitted to the Landlords for their approval (Lease Approval Form) • Once it is approved by Landlords all documentation goes to Legal Department to create the final LA • Signed LA is sent to tenant and all departments as information. • Reporting: • Prepare Weekly reports on Fridays including progress, stage of negotiations, update on vacancy level, occupancy charts, efficiency report – to the Leasing Manager and CEO • Filling up and providing data for the Monthly reports – Landlords on leasing activity, rentroll, tenant rollover, building operations (new leasing, signed contract, openings, ongoing negotiations), open-close report, executive summary, comment • Contributes to annual Budget, business plan / each September. • Leasing Strategy / occupancy, new leasing activity based on the current and predicted occupancy and vacancy, market trends, current market situation • Budget (based on rentroll and new leasing activity) • Actions related to terminations: contribute to the provision of professional opinion, recommendation to Landlords • Participating and preparing minutes at the weekly and monthly calls/meetings • In case of expiration, relocation, expansion – including current market revision and the tenants performance revision / other economic analysis and renegotiate commercial terms and conditions, lease term, location. • The documentation process the same as in case of new leasing • All other tasks charged by the Leasing Manager/ Mall Manager in relation with the leasing role. Reporting: • Weekly report on progress, stage on negotiation, update of vacancy, occupancy charts, efficiency report – to the Landords • Monthly reports in format on leasing activity, rent-roll, tenant rollover, building operations (new leasing, signed contract, openings, ongoing negotiations), open-close report (effect on occupancy, vacancies),executive summary. • Annual: Budget, business plan / each September • Leasing Strategy / occupancy, new leasing activity based on the current and predicted occupancy and vacancy, market trends, current market situation • Budget (based on rent-roll and new leasing activity) • Actions related to terminations: to provide professional opinion, recommendation to Landlords • Presenting weekly and monthly achievement and plan to the Leasing Manager Renegotiations: • In case of expiration, relocation, expansion – including current market revision and the tenants performance revision / other economic analysis and renegotiate commercial terms and conditions, lease term, location. • The documentation process the same as in case of new leasing
• Provide business support, advice and guidance to other departments to ensure accurate administration related to Tenants and Leasing activity. • Generate on demand presentations. • Project Management Support, in relation with leasing.
Key contacts / Internal External Relationships • Local departments, Mall management. • Tenants representatives. • Keeping regular contact with Agencies, Retailers, other shopping center specialists and leasing professionals.
University or college degree in Economics/Business or other relevant degrees / Minimum of 3 years of experience in sales/leasing or retail leasing related field of work / Proper negotiation and communication also networking skills / Sales type with developed emotional intelligence / Familiar with MS programs / Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, strong work ethic and sense of ownership / Ability to work independently and manage multiple activities and priorities effectively / Advanced written and verbal communication skills on local and English language / Outgoing personality with the ability to maintain strong relationships / Ambitious, energetic team player who is open to growth and development and ready to persistently serve the objective of the team
Please send your CV-s to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org due April 29, 2022.
The interview with be held in English Language.